nVent RAYCHEM EM-DEFROST-MAT portable heating mat for soil thawing
Portable electric heating mat nVent RAYCHEM EM-DEFROST-MAT useful in many situations in winter, designed for:
- Thawing frozen ground, soil, ground
- Melting ice and icicles on stairs, driveways, ramps
- Thawing water in pipelines
- Defrosting of excavations, equipment
- Heating of machinery
- Thawing of silage bales, fodder
- Temperature maintenance
- Protection against freezing
- Digging pits and graves in winter
Quick and safe thawing of soil with portable heating mats
Earthworks carried out in winter, always encounter one major problem. This is the frozen ground. Wherever it is not possible to use heavy mechanical equipment - excavators or mini excavators - manual digging remains. Frozen ground puts up a great deal of resistance, making the work time-consuming and expensive. The solution to this worry is soil thawing mats. The product of the nVent RAYCHEM brand is called EM-DEFROST-MAT and is gaining popularity around the world.
nVent RAYCHEM EM-DEFROST-MAT
The product consists of a heavy-duty 320 x 115 cm mat, made of special plastic that is resistant to mechanical damage. Inside the mat a heating wire has been placed, which becomes warm when connected to an electric power supply. The mat placed on the frozen ground, gradually warms it, causing thawing. The heating mat is very convenient to use and safe. Its special design further increases the comfort of its use.
When is an outdoor heating mat useful?
- Paving work - replacing damaged paving stones in winter. Removal of frozen pavers is difficult and risks damaging them. Thawing them with the help of a mat makes this work much easier and faster.
- Digging graves - grave excavation work is demanding and difficult. In winter, it can be a serious challenge due to very cold temperatures and the small amount of time that can be allocated to the work.
- Repairing fa ults - a damaged water main, gas pipe, sewer pipe or electric wire. In areas with limited space, excavation can only be carried out by hand. To make the work faster and easier, the frozen ground should be thawed with the help of a heating mat.
How to operate the ground thawing mat?
The mat is flexible and adapts to the shape of the ground. When not in use, it can be rolled up for easy transport. Its light weight makes it very quick and undemanding to unfold. To run the mat, it needs to be connected to an electric power supply. This can be electricity flowing straight from the mains or from a generator. The mat is factory-equipped with a 3-meter power cord.
The plugged-in mat should be spread on the ground you intend to spread. To increase the efficiency of the work, the mat can be applied, for example, with a wooden pallet or OSB board. This ensures better adhesion of the entire surface of the mat to the ground.
Advantages of the EM-DEFROST-MAT ground thawing heating mat
- lightweight and mobile thawing mat,
- powered by electricity from the mains or a generator,
- equipped with 3 m power cable,
- safe and waterproof,
- easy to use and unfold,
- energy efficient - low energy consumption,
- efficient - short working time needed for defrosting,
- labeled for very high visibility,
- durable and reliable in all conditions,
- offering versatile application.
Portable robust heating mat
- Faster and more economical soil thawing by 70-80% than using heaters or a heated tent
- High level of safety
- Built-in protection against overheating
- Yellow color visible from a distance and additional reflective stripes for better visualization during darkness
- Easy to unfold and carry with wide handles
- Eyelets on the sides for attaching or hanging
- Plug-in power connection, 3m cold cord length